My first luxury designer bag
Having a craze of Louis Vuitton , it feels fantastic to own one. Speedy is one of the most iconic bag and I bought this in damier azur print, although high maintenance but it looks beautiful. I did my research on designer bag and had few bags in my wish list. I went to store to try few bags but bought my bag online due to unavailability of stock. I chose to go for size 25 as it serves my purpose and fits almost all my essentials like iPad Air (9.7 inches), wallet, phone, make up etc which is a quite substantial amount of things. I have listed below few specification of Louis Vuitton and also few tips on how to choose the first luxury bag. Do checkout the video, it showcases quick unboxing, bag organiser and what fits in it.
Interesting and useful facts about Louis Vuitton bags:
1. Louis Vuitton products are generally made of a single canvas.
2. In damier print, the Louis Vuitton logo is always 10 blocks apart
3. Hot stamping/ personalization makes it even more special. You can get your initials printed and this can be done within the store. They generally take 3-5 working days.
4. Louis Vuitton doesn’t have sale. So if you are waiting for prices to go down then it won’t happen. Also, they keep shooting their price over a period of time
5. Servicing They do repair wear and tear and more details can be found on their website.
6. Return and exchange – This can be done within 30 days of purchase over phone or in-store. Note that personalized products are not exchangeable.
6. Louis Vuitton bags are made in France, Spain, and the USA and this detail are displayed in each product. Also other details like manufacturing year, size is also present in each handbag.
7. It comes with a magnetic orange Box, a dust bag, bill, product code, little card saying Louis Vuitton on it.
8. Louis Vuitton canvas bags are light in weight to carry.
Tips to choose first Luxury bag:
1. Narrow down on the brand – Select the lux brand you want to go first like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Hermes, Prada, Dior, Gucci, YSL, Valentino, Givenchy etc.
2. Type of bag – What’s your preference for the type of bag? Whether you prefer a slouchy bag or structured bag? How do you like to carry your bag ?-top handled, cross body or shoulder?
3. Usage of the bag – This will help you decide on the model of bag, whether you want to spend on a big or small bag. You might like to ask yourself if you are a minimalistic or you like to carry lots of stuff. Also if you are looking for an everyday bag, evening bag or casual bag
4. Maintenance – Durability of a bag , wear and tear over certain years are the few factors which should be kept in mind while investing in a good pricey bag
5. Material and hardware – Decide on the material which suits you like canvas or leather. Also, keep in mind the weight of bag as leather bags are generally on the heavier side as compared to canvas. Your preference with hardware – gold or silver hardware
6. Resale value – In case the first choice of the bag doesn’t work for you, you don’t feel the love for it then you won’t be in huge loss as you can go ahead and sell it anytime.
8. Suits your body frame – The drop of belt or chain, size of the bag all these factors will help you decide how does it look to wear the bag.
7. Own research -Do you own research like read a blog, watch videos, visit a store and try bags in your wish list.
Above all is the love for the bag. If you love a bag then dream it, own it, love it and live it.