Santorini is known for Caves hotels. Exotic stay is a hell of an experience.Dip in infinity pool or relax in your private open air jacuzzi with breath taking view of Santorini is a lifetime experience. Hotels and suites are completely white, even the TV panel is white here .Waking up in this soothing environment feels like heaven.
Although very costly it is worth the experience andstrongly recommended They are mostly at Oia, Pyrgos, Imerovigli, Firostefani.
See below for a wise choice of stay:
1. For luxury with style, definitely, Oia/Pyrgos/Imerovigli/Firostefani is the place. This gives a spectacular view of Santorini and have many cave hotels – mostly painted white with private open air Jacuzzi/pool. Few of them have infinity pool as well. I am afraid to say there are no economical option available for this experience.
2. If you wish to stay at a happening place near the beach, Kamari is the best place. You will find many hotels (both luxury and economical) along the sea side. There are wide variety of restaurants nearby. As Kamari is little-commercialized place renting car/squad-bike and booking excursion becomes quite easy
3. For the easy commute, Fira is a good place. It is the capital of Santorini but is just like any other crowded city. Best for connectivity, shopping, travel agencies, renting vehicle etc. In spite of all these options personally, I won’t suggest staying in Fira if you wish to have an exotic stay in Santorini. But for the quick/short trip, this is the best option to stay.
4. Perivolos Beach is also an option if you want to choose beach side stay but commuting using local transport becomes difficult here as it is a quite place.
Below are few excellent hotels in Santorini which I recommend
- Katikies in Oia Infinity pool
- Mystique in Oia Infinity pool & cave hotel
- Skyfall in Pyrgos Caves suites, Open-air private pool or Jacuzzi, highest point in Santorini
- Astra suites in Imerovigli Infinity pool
- Tamarix in Kamari near beach with Open-air/indoor private Jacuzzi suites
You can always explore your choice of hotel through the popular websites such as Booking.com or Hotels.com and find many options according to your choice and budget
Showers in almost all hotels do not have fresh water. It’s varies from very salty to mild according to the height from sea level. Santorini has a scarcity of water. There was a time when wine was cheaper than fresh water. Freshwater is available in cans and bottles for drinking which is cheap so can choose to use them for shower (this is what I did :))
Room with private Outdoor pool/Jacuzzi is best to have for comfort/luxury/experience. Especially taken into account the above mention fact of salty water shower 🙂
The best Santorini hotels sell out 6 to 10 months in advance. (Booking.com has free cancellation for most hotels although at little higher price but good option to book in case you need to cancel)
Want to shop in Santorini? Visit Santorini Shopping
Interested in Greek cuisine? Visit Food in Santorini
Interested to ride a quad-bike or go for an excursion ? Visit Commute in Santorini
2 thoughts on “Places to stay in Santorini”
All these places sound really nice! I hope I’ll be able to visit them someday 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes , you should visit this beauty!! 😀