What to shop and from where?
Here are the few things you can buy from Santorini
- Exclusive to Santorini – Souvenirs, the very famous Evil eyes, handmade jewelry, local wines, olives, stones, art, good swimwear. Available almost everywhere Thirasia, Pyrgos, Oia, Fira, Kamari.
- Unusual/unique stuff – Donkey Milk soap. It is advertised like – Miracle for the face. No personal experience so can’t recommend. Available in Oia.
- Tips for souvenirs – Souvenirs are bit costly in commercial places. Try to pick it up from villages like Megalohori, Pyrgos etc. It’s quite cheap there and you can try your luck with bargaining.
- Most expensive place – Oia is the most expensive place to buy things.
- Wide variety – At Oia or Fira you will get almost everything. Oia also has many high street brands, Greek gold jewellry, art galleries etc. Kamari is also decent in terms of variety.
- Leather goods are cheap here and of good quality.
- Mini supermarkets – There are many mini supermarkets in places such as Fira, Kamari, Pyrgos from where you can buy groceries, food, drinks, water etc.
- Bargains– If you are good at bargaining than you can try in Santorini especially in local shops. Usually it works so try your luck who knows something might stick! 🙂
- You won’t find large supermarkets or malls in Santorini
More than shopping, Is it food that interests you? Visit Food in Santorini