Stay is one of the biggest highlight of Lapland
A. Glass Igloos
Staying in Glass igloo, Europe’s most spectacular holiday resort – Kakslauttanen Artic Resort is indeed enchanting. Sleeping in middle of snow in a cosy heated igloo below stars is a magical experience and the view from Glass Igloos/Kelo-Glass Igloos is unbeatable. Its very big estate with east & west village. You definitely need one day to explore the resort. In west village you have the world’s largest log cabin restaurant, Glass igloo bar, its own indoor mini salmon river, horse farm, reindeer farm, igloo tower and many other things.
In East village you have snow chapel, snow igloos in addition to the some of the things on west village attractions.
Book the igloos in quite advance, especially glass igloo as it gets sold out very fast.
1. Small glass igloos don’t have showers, they have only small toilet. But there is a common shower & sauna area with 24/7 access.
2.There is no room service or maid service.
3. There luggage sledge is fun.
4. One of the good place to witness northern light with stroke of luck.
5. No Wi-Fi in igloo. Free Wi-Fi in reception and restaurant.
6. It has many other options of log chalets, Kelo-glass igloo (combination of glass igloo and log house), snow igloos. Pick your stay as per your craze.
7. As Breakfast & dinner is included in stay and free coffee is available whole day in reception so no need to think about meal but do keep some quick snacks as Kakslauttanen is remote and no shops or supermarkets are available near by.
8. One thing to keep in mind is its not luxurious stay. Its an experience, so expectation should not be very high in terms of comfort rather experience nature & warm stay.
9. Generally people stay in glass igloo for 1 or 2 days then they either shift to log house or move to Saariselkä town.
B. Stay in Rovaniemi
It is advisable to stay in city centre for good commute and access. Also, most of the tours give pick & drop to the below hotels. Use booking.com for booking of the mentioned hotels
1. Santa Claus hotel (Don’t get confused with Santa Claus village stay)
2. Scandic hotel
3. Cumulus hotel
3. Arctic light hotel
All these hotels are walking distance to each other & these are pretty standard hotels.
C. Stay in Saariselkä
In Freezing Lapland you can make your stay interesting by having private sauna in your room. Although most of the hotels have common sauna, but few of them offer private sauna in the room.
The good thing about below hotels is everything is near by. All safari offices, souvenir shops, supermarkets, bus stop for Airport. You can also use booking.com instead of hotel websites.
C. Stay in Helsinki
Below option for Helsinki stay is only for flight connectivity. These are Airport hotels, so they provide free to and fro airport shuttle according to the flight timings. So its hassle free. Use booking.com for booking below hotels
1. Hilton Helsinki Airport
2. Cumulus Resort Airport Congress Center
3. Holiday Inn Helsinki-Vantaa Airport